The long term development objectives of the Chair are:
- To promote national and international inter-university cooperation and networking to enhance institutional capacities through knowledge sharing, collaborative work and research into digital humanities in education;
- To increase educators’ competence and confidence in using digital resources and knowledge to integrate and promote civic engagement, to use technology to facilitate multicultural connections and online cultural exchanges facilitating a deeper understanding of cultural diversity in education;
- To develop partnerships between schools, universities, NGOs and other institutions offering education in different contexts and geographies and engaging in a process of reciprocal and dynamic long-term exchange;
- To enhance recognition of the importance of digital humanities in contemporary society;
- To align with The National Initiative for Digital Skills e.2030, Portugal INCoDe.2030, the Chair will follow the three main objectives:
- ensure digital literacy and inclusion for the exercise of citizenship;
- foster specialization in digital technologies and applications, in order to promote occupational qualification and a higher value-added economy;
- produce new knowledge in international cooperation contexts.
- To align with the Digital Citizenship Education (DCE) Project of the Council of Europe to empower “children through education or the acquisition of competences for learning and active participation in digital society”.
- Create a joint postgraduate studies programme in Digital Humanities;
- Prepare an application for European funding with the TED-HUM project;
- Joining The National Initiative for Digital Skills e.2030, Portugal INCoDe.2030 and applying for this quality seal;
- Create a library of Digital Humanities in Education resources to be used in all Portuguese-speaking countries, including a Digital Humanities Dictionary in English and Portuguese.