TEFL – 7th International Conference on Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- TEFL7 - Day 1
9 Novembro, 2018
9:00 - 21:00
- TEFL7 - Day 2
10 Novembro, 2018
10:00 - 18:00
Conference Programme (provisional)
Call for papers
Deadline for abstract submission: 15 July 2018
Notification of acceptance: 31 July 2018
Abstract Submission Form
- The official language for the conference, including presentations and submissions, is English. Each presentation should be 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion. Each keynote talk will take 45 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion. Since we will have 2 very busy days, it is crucial that every speaker respects his/her time limit.
- If participants want to move from one auditorium to another, will you please do it during question time and not during presentation time out of courtesy to speakers.
- The extra day of the Conference on 17 November 2018 is intended for Portuguese teachers only who need to submit a report for evaluation and creditation.
- An attendance sheet for Portuguese teachers attending for “crédito de formação”will be available permanently at the registration desk and can be signed anytime during the day.
- A selection of papers, on invitation, will be published in our E-Teals: an e-journal of Teacher Education and Applied Language Studies (peer reviewed) in 2019. Selected authors will be contacted later.
Avenida Conde Valbom, 56 P – 1050-228 Modern building, strategically situated between Praça de Espanha and the Gulbenkian museum. Special fare for TEFL7 participants.
Vip Executive Barcelona
Rua Laura Alves, 10 P – 1050-138 The closest to FCSH, only 2 minutes walk.
Av. António Serpa, 13, 1069-199 Lisboa
At the airport you can catch the Aero Bus (between 7 am and 11 pm): you should stop at CAMPO PEQUENO. The Hotel Zurique is very close to the bus stop, almost on the other side of the road. The Aerobus ticket costs around 3.20 euros.
The Aerobus ticket will also give you a 25% discount on other Yellow Bus touristic tours (Tagus Tour, Olisipo Tour, Hills Tramcar Tour, Pena Palace Tour, Sintra Tour, Fátima Tour) if these other tour tickets are bought inside the bus or at the main Yellow Bus Station at Praça do Comércio. Please visit:
UNDERGROUND (Metro) from the airport (only 1 change at Saldanha): CAMPO PEQUENO is the closest Metro (Underground) station to the Hotel Zurique (four minute walk). One Metro Ticket costs 1.50 euro, you may consider buying a one day ticket if you arrive early and want to travel more on that day.
The TAXI fare from the airport to the Hotel Zurich should not cost more than 15 euros. Sometimes, it is quicker to go to departures (right next to arrivals) to get a taxi. If you want to avoid (possible) long queues: just turn right as you come out into the main arrivals hall, keep going, go up the escalator, turn slightly left and go outside, you are outside departures, and there is no queue to get a taxi.
HOTEL AREA: Plenty of local cafes, restaurants, and supermarkets. There is a shopping centre (several restaurants) under the red bullfighting ring/concert hall open until (at least) 10 pm. Close to the underground station (there is an exit/tunnel to the shopping centre) and to the bus stop. In Saldanha (1 underground station away or a 15 minute walk) there are three shopping centres, open until 11 pm.
Once in the city, if you are using the public bus to travel around Lisbon, buy a pass (Zapping) and top it up at any underground (METRO) station, as tickets purchased inside the bus are more expensive.