40th APEAA Meeting
- 6 Junho, 2019 - 8 Junho, 2019
8:00 - 18:00
40th APEAA Meeting
6-8 June 2019
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
University of Porto, Portugal
Confirmed keynote speakers:
Alex Houen (Cambridge University)
Isabel Fernandes (Universidade de Lisboa)
Other keynote speakers to be confirmed.
The Department of Anglo-American Studies of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of the University of Porto is pleased to announce the 40th Conference of the Portuguese Association for Anglo-American Studies, which will take place between 6 and 8 June 2019.
Papers, panels and roundtables proposals are welcomed on any subject that falls under the remit of the two academic areas (including literary studies, cultural studies, post-colonial studies, performance, film and theatre studies, gender and sexuality studies, translation studies, linguistics, language teaching and methodology). Proposals for panels, put together around a common theme or research domain are welcome. We also welcome papers and panels on Canadian, Irish, Scottish and other (Anglophone) Studies.
Although the conference programme will accommodate the whole range of topics pertaining to the field of Anglo-American Studies, the many anniversaries celebrated in 2019 may provide the foundations for panels and individual papers:
- the centenary of the Treaty of Versailles in 1919
- the 90th anniversary of the 1929 New York Crash
- the 80th anniversary of the beginning of the Second World War in 1939
- the 70th anniversary of the founding of NATO in 1949
- the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- the 300th anniversary of the publication of Robinson Crusoe in 1719
Book Presentations: APEAA members are also invited to present their own recently published academic books and/or translations (2017-2019).
Submissions and queries should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information with your proposal:
- the full title of your paper / panel / roundtable;
- a 250-300 word description of your paper / panel / roundtable;
- your name, postal address and e-mail address;
- your institutional affiliation and position;
- a short bionote;
- AV requirements (if any)
Working languages: English and Portuguese.
Deadline for submissions: 31st January 2019
Notification of acceptance: 22 February 2019
Deadline for registration: 3 May 2019
Registration Fee (APEAA and SAAS members): 60 Euros
Registration Fee (non-members): 90 Euros
Student fee (APEAA and SAAS members): 30 Euros
Student fee (non-members): 45 Euros
Scientific and Organizing Committee:
Carlos Azevedo | Rui Carvalho Homem | Fátima Vieira | Maria Teresa Castilho | Jorge Bastos da Silva